The Supervisor's Office oversees all of the operations within the Town of Babylon. All departments in the town report to the Supervisor's Office for direction. The Supervisor is an elected official who ensures that all town business is carried out satisfactorily. The day-to-day operations of the Supervisor's Office are managed by the chief of staff, who is the liaison between the various departments and staff.
The Supervisor's Office is also home to the following departments:
This department is responsible for handling constituent concerns and acts in an advocacy capacity to ensure that complaints are handled in a suitable manner. The Performance Management Department works closely with all town departments and various levels of government in an attempt to address issues of concern for Town of Babylon residents.
The Communications Department is solely responsible for the town's media relations. This department implements all media programs and prepares and distributes media releases, informational reports, brochures, and pamphlets relating to town government. The department also manages all of the town's social media pages.
Town of Babylon Social Media Use Policy
The Town of Babylon engages constituents through many digital outlets, including our Facebook (@townofbabylon.ny), Twitter (@TownOfBabylon), LinkedIn, Instagram (@townofbabylon.ny) and YouTube pages. Communicating with the town through social media allows us to disseminate useful information in a direct and meaningful way.
- The Town of Babylon social media sites are subject to the site-specific Terms of Service that govern your use of those sites
- Communications made to local government through a Town of Babylon social media site will not be considered formal public comment nor shall such comments constitute official legal notice to the Town or request for records under the Freedom of Information Law
Town of Babylon Content Posting Policy
The Town of Babylon Department of Communications is solely responsible for deciding what content is sharable on the town website and social media channels. The following framework determines what content is relevant to the Town of Babylon’s goals.
- Content posted on the Town of Babylon calendar, website, or social media channels must be relevant to the Town of Babylon
- The salience of the content is to be determined by the Department of Communications
- Once the salience of content is determined, the Department of Communications will designate the content to one or more outlets controlled by the Town of Babylon
- Events that take place outside the Town of Babylon will not be promoted
- Events conducted by political organizations will not be promoted
- Posted events should occur within the Town of Babylon and enhance the well-being of the community
Rich SchafferBabylon Town SupervisorPhone: (631) 957-3072Additional Phone Numbers
Cell: (516) 429-3763
Home: (631) 539-4120
Email Rich Schaffer
Supervisor's OfficePhysical Address
200 E. Sunrise Highway
Lindenhurst, NY 11757
Phone: (631) 957-3072Fax: (631) 957-7440