Home Repair General Information
This program provides deferred payment loans (zero percent interest) to qualified low and moderate income homeowners in the Town of Babylon. The purpose of the loan is to improve housing conditions and correct housing code violations by repairing and rehabilitating health and safety hazards (not expansion or redecorating).
The maximum loan is $50,000 (without lead) to correct substandard housing code violations. Payment of the loan is deferred until the property is sold, the title is transferred, or the home is refinanced for cash out. Monthly payments are not required. The loan is secured by a mortgage placed against the property.
Eligible Home Repairs / Improvements
- Electrical improvements
- Handicapped improvements.
- Insulation and energy conservation
- New heating systems
- New roof
- New windows and doors
- Structural improvements
- Vinyl siding
- Household income not to exceed HUD maximum income guidelines
- Mortgage, taxes, and homeowners insurance paid up to date
- Must have no more than one mortgage / lien existing on home.
- Owner occupied (at least one year)
- Town of Babylon resident with a valid deed
Town of Babylon Home Improvement Program
This program provides a deferred payment loan to income eligible homeowners to make repairs and improvements to their homes. Homes must be single family owner occupied and the principal residence of the household.
This program is administered by the CDC of LI and can be reached at (631) 671-1215 Ex. 102.