- Feature Links
- Sandy Recovery
New York Rising Recovery Resources Center
- New York Rising is a program formed by Governor Andrew Cuomo to help rebuild communities throughout New York State that were devastated by Superstorm Sandy, Hurricane Irene and Tropical Storm Lee. New York Rising's programs include:
- Housing Recovery - provides eligible homeowners with assistance for home repairs/rehabilitation, mitigation and elevation, and buyouts.
- Small Business Assistance - includes small business grants of $50,000 or more and low-interest loans for eligible businesses recovering from the storms.
- Community Reconstruction Program - provides assistance to develop community recovery plans in order to rebuild and revitalize areas that were severely damaged by the storms.
For more information, please call the Recovery Hotline:
- 1-855-NYS-SANDY(1-855-697-7263) from 8:00 AM to 4:30PM Weekdays
Public Contact Numbers
- Town of Babylon - 311
- PSEG - 1 (800) 490-0075
- National Grid - (800) 490-0045
- Red Cross - (631) 423-0307
- Suffolk County Advisory - W ays to reduce your insurance premiums (PDF) through storm-proofing your home or business.
- Home Repairs as a Result of Damage From Sandy
- Flood Safety - the official website for the National Flood Insurance Program which offers flood insurance to homeowners, renters, and business owners if their community participates in the NFIP
- Adopt A House - A not for profit 501(c)3 organization providing guidance, information, and free educational seminars throughout the rebuilding process for residents
- Lindy Manpower - An effort to provide volunteers for demolition and cleaning in the homes of Lindenhurst residents affect by Hurricane Sandy
- Babylon Helps - A local community group formed in the wake of Hurricane Sandy to help residents in Babylon Village and Babylon Town.
- Babylon Rotary - A not for profit 501(c)3 organization serving the Babylon, North Babylon, West Babylon, and West Islip area
- Neighbors Supporting Neighbors - Relief effort supporting Babylon Village and Fred Shores areas.
- Long Island Cares - Emergency hunger relief and community outreach programs for the benefit of our fellow Long Islanders
- Touro Law Center Walk-in Clinics - Visits locations in our area to offer free legal advice and counseling to those who were affected by Hurricane Sandy. For more information, please call (631) 761-7198.
- FEGS Health and Human Services Free Counseling Services (PDF) - Free, confidential counseling services are now being offered to adults and children who have been affected by Superstorm Sandy. For more information, please call FEGS at (516) 496-7550 ext. 6 - Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- VNSNY Disaster Distress Response Program (PDF) - Offers emotional support and free counseling services to those affected by Superstorm Sandy. For more information, please call 1-718-888-6955.