- Town Clerk's Office
- Applications & Permits
Town Clerk's Applications & Permits
Garage Sale Permit:
- Landscaper's License Application (PDF)
- Landscaper's License Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Landscaper's License Renewal Application (PDF)
- Landscaper's License Renewal Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Landscaper's Registered Vehicles (PDF)
- Marriage License Requirements (PDF)
- Marriage License Information Sheet (PDF)
- One Day Marriage Officiant Application (PDF)
- One Day Marriage Officiant Instructions (PDF)
- Master Plumber's License Fact Sheet, Application and Affidavit (PDF)
- Restricted Plumber's License Fact Sheet, Application and Affidavit (PDF)
- Plumber's License Renewal Application (PDF)
- Plumber's License Renewal Fact Sheet (PDF)
Block Party Permit:
Carnival, Bazaars and Fair Permit:
Outdoor Public Assembly Permit:
As per Resolution 203 passed by the Babylon Town Board on March 1, 2022, public assemblies now must conclude by 8:00 p.m. instead of 11:00 p.m.
Peddler, Solicitor and Canvasser License:
- License Application English (PDF)
- License Application Spanish (PDF)
Taxicab and Vehicles for Hire License:
Pawnbroker 2nd Hand Dealer:
- How do I obtain a Pigeon Harboring Permit?
The Town of Babylon issues Pigeon Harboring Permits through the Town Clerk's Office. There is an annual permit fee of $35.00 that can be paid in cash, check or money order to the Town of Babylon. Requirements for this permit include:
- Completed Pigeon Harboring Application
- Notarized statement indicating applicant has NOT been convicted of violating Town Code 106.17, Keeping Pigeons
- Survey, photo or diagram showing the proposed location of pigeon house or loft, the house or lofts' dimensions and square footage, and its distance from surrounding residences and property lines
- Color photo of the pigeon house or loft
- How do I apply for a Seasonal Permit?
Seasonal Permits can be obtained through the Town Clerk's office, Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 4:30 pm. For hunting, four-wheel drive vehicles and other seasonal permits, all applicants must present a New York State Driver's License along with one of the following forms of identification:
- Tax Bill
- Utility Bill
- Bank Statement
- School Payment Bill
- How do I obtain a 'Going Out of Business' Permit?
If a business located within the Town of Babylon is closing, a 'Going Out of Business' Permit is required. The application is available in the Town Clerk's Office. Requirements for this permit include:
- Completed and notarized application
- Detailed inventory of goods
- Copies of Bill of Sale
- An official appraisal, if applicable
- $25.00 application fee paid in either cash, check or money order
- $500.00 Bond in the form of a money order or bank check, $425.00 of which will be returned provided the business is closed within 60 days of receipt of this permit
- $50.00 extension of license for additional 30 days, if applicable
- How do I obtain a Sewer Excavation Permit?
All Sewer Excavation Permits cost $50.00, made payable in cash or check, and require a completed application that is signed by the Commissioner of Public Works, the Contractor and the Homeowner (applicant). The application is in triplicate with the yellow copy for Suffolk County, the white copy for the applicant (homeowner), and the pink copy for the Town Clerk. The permit application is available in the Highway Department and is submitted with payment in the Town Clerk's Office during normal business hours, 9:00 am to 4:30 pm. Final approval comes from the Bergen Point Sewer Plant.
- How do I obtain a Peddler's Operator and/or Vehicle Permit?
Town of Babylon Peddlers Operator and Vehicle Permits are available to all residents of the State of New York and costs $200.00 per Peddler Vehicle License and $25.00 per Peddler Operator License. The application can be obtained from the Town Clerk's Office. No stationary peddling is allowed in the Town of Babylon. All applicants are required to:
- Complete and have notarized, a Peddler's Operator and Vehicle application
- Provide a current New York State Driver's License
- Provide a current New York State Registration
- Provide two current head shot photographs of each peddler applicant - photos must be taken within 30 days of the application
- Obtain a $100,000 in personal and property liability insurance policy
- Provide a veteran's exempt card from Suffolk County, if applicable
- Provide a current New York State Sales Tax Identification Number, if applicable
- Provide a Suffolk County Safety Class Certificate
- How do I apply for a Dredging Permit?
All Dredging Permits are approved and granted by resolution by the Town of Babylon Town Board and cost $75.00 per permit. Applicants must submit a completed application (available in the Environmental Control Department office at the Town Hall Annex) with $25.00 and a work plan. Environmental Control will review the application and if approved by them, the application gets sent to the Town Clerk's Office, along with the $25.00 application fee. The Town Clerk's office will schedule the application for a Town Board meeting and upon approval by the Town Board will notify the applicant. The $75.00 permit fee is then payable. For questions, please call the Department of Environmental Control, (631) 422-7640.
- What are the requirements for a Dredging Permit?
Overall requirements to obtain a Dredging Permit include:
- Submit a Town of Babylon Environmental Assessment form (available from Environmental Control at the Town Hall Annex)
- Provide a NYS Department of Environmental Conservation Tidal Wetlands permit
- Provide a US Army Corp of Engineers Permit
- Provide a Town of Babylon Building Permit, if applicable
- Provide public liability insurance covering any and all damage that may occur within two (2) years after work is completed. Language on the policy must list the Town of Babylon as an insured party in respect to operation and must read: "The Town of Babylon, its agents, servants, employees, directors and officers."
- Property damage liability coverage no less than $100,000 per accident, and no less than $500,000 on all accident accounts
- Bodily injury liability coverage no less than $200,000, and no less than $500,000 on all accident accounts