2021 Summer Updates

2021 Beach Pass Announcement: In an effort to make the process easier for everyone, beach passes are now being sold in-person at Phelps Lane Monday-Friday 9am-4pm. In addition, beginning July 10th, passes will be sold at Tanner Park on Saturdays and Sundays 9am-5pm. Please enter Tanner Park via Wilson Drive if purchasing your pass there.

The Town of Babylon beach passes are also still being sold online.  Residents will login/create an online account, purchase their pass online, upload the necessary proof of residency/car registrations, etc., and then will receive their pass in the mail!

The Town of Babylon Parks & Recreation Department has a new website! Please visit https://web1.vermontsystems.com/babylon.html to view our new site!



There will no longer be drive-up locations for purchasing the Resident Recreation Permit.


Online Accounts:

Residents that already have an online account with the Parks Department will be able to sign in to their account beginning Monday, April 5, 2021 and purchase the Resident Recreation Permit.  


Residents without an online account can begin creating an account TODAY and can start purchasing the Resident Recreation Permit on Monday, April 5, 2021.


Who should create an account?

The primary adult person in your household should create an account with us. This person must be over 18 years old. If you are creating an account for the sole purpose of purchasing a beach sticker, the person on your car registration(s) should be the person to create an account.

If this person is married, and has cars registered in each spouse's name, only one account is needed. Their spouse can be added to the household by uploading a picture of their NYS Driver's License (must have matching last name and address to primary person). If this person has a different last name, a tax/utility bill in each person's name or a marriage certificate will need to be uploaded to your account. All other adults, 18 years and older living at the house, must create their own account if they have a car registered in their name, or would like to register for programs online.


To upload documents to your account:

  • Visit the Town of Babylon Parks Website
  • Sign into your account.
  • Click your last name in the upper right hand of the screen. A dropdown list of options will appear.
  • Click "Upload Documents" under the first column. 

2021 Resident Recreation Permit Fees:

Resident: $45

Senior (60+): $20, NYS Driver’s License Must Indicate an Age of 60+

Veteran: $20

Volunteer Fire Department: $20


Required Documents For All Resident Recreation Permit Purchases:

  • NYS Driver’s License
  • Tax/Utility Bill
    • One of the following: Town of Babylon Property Tax Bill, Village Property Tax Bill, PSEG Bill, National Grid, Suffolk County Water Authority, Lease Agreement for home or apartment in the Town of Babylon). Document must be current as of 2021.If you do not have one of these documents, please call the Parks Department at 631-893-2100 for a list of additional documents.
  • NYS Car Registration(s) all with matching addresses. **We do not accept temporary car registrations. 


Additional Documents To Upload Based On Your Status as a Volunteer Firefighter, Veteran, Snowbird, or Company Car:

  1. Volunteer Firefighter: Town of Babylon Volunteer Firefighter ID Card needs to be uploaded
  2. Veteran: DD214 needs to be uploaded, if designated on license, please indicate that when uploading.
  3. Snowbird: Snowbird Affidavit needs to be uploaded
  4. Company Car: A letter on company letterhead (must be typed) stating:
    1. That the resident has been assigned to that particular vehicle for the year and that they are allowed to use the vehicle for recreational purposes.
    2. The vehicle information (year, make, model, plate, & VIN#)
    3. The resident's name listed as sole driver, and resident's address as it appears on the driver's license.
    4. The company's name and address as it appears on the car registration.