Resident Recreation Permit FAQs

Click here for a printable PDF of this information

What beaches do I have access to with the Resident Recreation Permit?
The Resident Recreation Permit gives Town of Babylon residents access to:

Overlook Beach, Cedar Beach, Gilgo Beach, Cedar Marina, Tanner Park, & Venetian Shores

Why are Resident Recreation Permits being sold online?
Resident Recreation Permits are being sold online for convenience and safety for all Town of Babylon Residents. Permits can be purchased any time of the day beginning April 5, 2021 from the convenience of your home from any internet enabled device. This will alleviate the long lines residents had to deal with. It allows residents to purchase the permits any time and not limited to just business hours. This year, we are beginning the process two months early so that all residents can be set for Memorial Day Weekend to enjoy our beautiful beaches.  

What if I don’t have access to the internet or a computer?
Not a problem! Please call the Parks Department at 631-893-2100 (press 0 to speak to a parks staff member). We can help you over the phone and discuss options with you.

I am having issues with creating an account. 
We can help you to create an account over the phone or through email.

My parent is older and cannot use a computer, how do they create an account?
If you’re willing to help your adult parent, you can create an account in their name and upload their documents for them. If they need additional assistance, please call our office and we can discuss options with you over the phone. 

I’m over 18 and live with family. How do I create an account/get a beach sticker?
If you have a car registered in your name, please create an account for yourself at your address. There can be more than one “household” at each physical address in our system. We understand that different family structures exist and will accommodate all residents. 

I don’t have a credit card or debit card to pay for the permit online.
Please call the Parks Department at 631-893-2100 (press 0 to speak to a parks staff member). We can help you over the phone and discuss options with you.

What if my car is registered to my company/job?
Please submit a letter on company letterhead (must be typed) stating:

  1. That the resident has been assigned to that particular vehicle for the year and that they are allowed to use the vehicle for recreational purposes.
  2. The vehicle information (year, make, model, plate, & VIN#)
  3. The resident's name listed as sole driver, and resident's address as it appears on the driver's license.
  4. The company's name and address as it appears on the car registration.

If I do not have a property tax bill or utility bill in my name, what can I use in place of it?
In place of a property tax bill or utility bill, the Parks Department will accept the following documents that show your name and full address in the Town of Babylon (documents must be current as of 2021):

  • Pay Stub
  • W-2
  • Lease Agreement
  • Mortgage Statement 
  • Government Assistance Paperwork
  • Health Insurance Mail
  • College/University Billing Statement
  • Any government issued document.

Please keep in mind that we are strict about proof of residency documentation to make sure only residents have access to these highly sought after permits. 

How do I upload proof of residency and car registration(s)?

  1. Log into the Parks & Recreation website.
  2. Click your last name at the top of the page. (If on mobile device, click the three lines at the top to reveal your last name.)
  3. Click Upload Documents

It is very important to remember that all documents that are uploaded need to have unique file names. If you submit multiple documents with the same name (such as image.jpg) then each file will overwrite the last uploaded document. 

What will happen with the documents I upload?
All documents will be purged from our system at the end of the summer season. We will not keep any documents after this point. 

What if I have issues with my car registration and/or driver’s license? Or need to do a change of address on my registration/license?
Please visit scroll down to create and account or if you already have an account, log in to view your car registrations/complete a change of address. 

What if I need a replacement beach pass?
To receive a replacement permit, the original permit must be taken off the vehicle (no photos) & submitted to the Parks Department. Please note that the permit is designed to shred when removed from the vehicle.

Replacement Sticker Steps:

1.    Write the permit number down

2.    Remove the permit from the car

3.    Bring the permit, documentation of the new vehicle purchased/leased (bill of sale or lease agreement), and the permit number to the Parks & Recreation Department located at 151 Phelps Lane in North Babylon, Monday – Friday, 9 pm – 4 pm. 

How will you make sure non-residents won’t get access to a Town of Babylon Resident Recreation Permit?
The Town of Babylon Resident Recreation Permit is designed to shred. If someone tries to remove it from a car window, it will come off in pieces. If someone tries to alter the plate information on the sticker by removing the sealant, the permit will shred and therefore become voided. Additionally Park Rangers and Bay Constables will be monitoring the parking lots to match plates with the plate written on the permit. If they don’t match, the car will be given a summons.

When are camping and boating reservations?
Cedar Beach Marina and Campground reservations will begin on Monday, March 29, 2021 at 7:00 am. Reservations are online only. Residents will be allowed to book one reservation per day beginning on the 29th. Reservations will be open daily from 7:00 am to 11:00 pm.

When will camping, boating, and Jet Ski permits go on sale? Will they be sold in person?
Camping, Boating, and Jet Ski permits will be sold beginning April 19, 2021. They will be sold in person at the Parks & Recreation Office located at 151 Phelps Lane in North Babylon. Permits will be sold between 8:30 am and 4:00 pm

If I already have documents uploaded, do I need to bring them to purchase a camping, boating, or Jet Ski Permit?
If your documents have been uploaded to your account, you do not need to bring them with you to the Parks Office. But if they were uploaded incorrectly or the wrong documents were uploaded, you will need to have them on hand.