The Wyandanch Volunteer Fire Company was established in 1925, and the first firehouse was established in 1929. Adjacent to the first firehouse on Straight Path, the second (and present) station opened in 1959. Another station was built on Main Avenue in 1964.
The first Wyandanch firehouse, on Straight Path and South 17th Street. The department’s first piece of equipment was a used Model T Ford fire truck purchased from the Hicksville Fire Department.
A 1920s Mack Chemical Combination Pumper, used by the Wyandanch Fire Company.
Wyandanch Volunteer Fire Company 1528 Straight Path, Wyandanch, NY 11798 (631) 643-9431 (non-emergency) www.wyandanchfireco.org