Historical Markers within the Hamlet of Wyandanch

Marker Name 


LIRR Main Line

Commemorates the railroad line that has operated through Wyandanch since 1842.

Railroad Line From Brooklyn Passed Through Here Ca. 1842. First Depot Built 1875, Named West Deer Park. Renamed Wyandance 1889.

Wyandanch Plaza at the railroad station.

Funded by a grant from the William G. Pomeroy Foundation.

*Installation scheduled for 2022.