Village of Lindenhurst Parks & Recreational Facilities
Lindenhurst Village Park and Feller’s Pond (bounded by Irmisch Avenue, N. Alleghany Avenue and Byrd Street)
The recreational park includes Feller’s Pond, which is named for John Feller, and his family, who owned and operated the Feller Brewery. The old brewery site is now St. John’s Lutheran Church on E. John Street.
Historical marker at Feller’s Pond. Otto F. Eichhammer succeeded Mr. Feller in the brewery business.
Lindenhurst Town Square and Gazebo, northeast corner of Wellwood and Hoffman Avenues
The village square was created after a 1996 fire destroyed the commercial block that had stood on the corner. Around 2012, the village renovated the square with a gazebo, comfort station and mural which have become a downtown gathering space.
Charles J. Cowan Marina, 854 S. Wellwood Avenue
The village marina was named for Charles J. Cowan (1926-2018), who served as Lindenhurst Village Mayor from 1965 to 1973.