Responsibilities of Office:
The Communications Office, a division of the Supervisor's Office, is the Town's press office. The Communication's Office is solely responsible for the Town's media relations. This office distributes all media releases, informational pamphlets and brochures relating to Town government, as well as the yearly Recycling Calendar. The Communications Office also manages all of the Town's social media pages and maintains the Town's website.
Town of Babylon Social Media Use Policy
The Town of Babylon engages constituents through many digital outlets, including our Facebook (@townofbabylon.ny), Twitter (@TownOfBabylon), LinkedIn, Instagram (@townofbabylon.ny) and YouTube pages. Communicating with the town through social media allows us to disseminate useful information in a direct and meaningful way.
- The Town of Babylon social media sites are subject to the site-specific Terms of Service that govern your use of those sites
- Communications made to local government through a Town of Babylon social media site will not be considered formal public comment nor shall such comments constitute official legal notice to the Town or request for records under the Freedom of Information Law
Town of Babylon Content Posting Policy
The Town of Babylon Department of Communications is solely responsible for deciding what content is sharable on the town website and social media channels. The following framework determines what content is relevant to the Town of Babylon’s goals.
- Content posted on the Town of Babylon calendar, website, or social media channels must be relevant to the Town of Babylon
- The salience of the content is to be determined by the Department of Communications
- Once the salience of content is determined, the Department of Communications will designate the content to one or more outlets controlled by the Town of Babylon
- Events that take place outside the Town of Babylon will not be promoted
- Events conducted by political organizations will not be promoted
- Posted events should occur within the Town of Babylon and enhance the well-being of the community