Responsibilities of the Park Rangers
Park rangers protect park resources and the residents who patronize them. They enforce all local and state laws and ordinances pertaining to parks and town facilities. They are NYS peace officers, and have the power to issue summonses and make arrests.
- Do I need a permit to use a town field for my soccer league?
Yes, you need a permit through our Parks Department. Permits are enforced and you can receive a town summons if you do not have a valid permit.
- I’d like to set up my food truck at Tanner Park with a tent, table and chairs. Can I do this whenever I want?
NO, most of our Parks have contracts with concessionaires. You would need a peddler permit from the Town Clerk’s office to sell and then in only approved locations. Separately, a tent permit is given by the Fire Marshal’s Office.
- Can I call Public Safety if there is an unregistered vehicle parked on the street?
Yes, Park Rangers will inspect and take appropriate action. An unregistered vehicle can be summonsed and towed.
- Can I sell flowers on the street in the Town of Babylon without a permit?
NO, you would need a valid peddler’s permit from the Town Clerk’s Office. Once issued a permit, you must adhere to the conditions of that permit including location restrictions.
- What is the noise rule? Can I play loud music?
The rule is not based on the time of the day. Amplified music cannot extend beyond the property line.