TUESDAY, MARCH 17, 2020:
Town of Babylon facilities will continue to be closed to the public through Wednesday, March 18. We will update you regarding any update to this status.
WHAT THE TOWN OF BABYLON IS DOING:
- Even though there have not been any reported COVID-19 cases involving town facilities or town staff, Town of Babylon facilities are closed Monday, March 16 through Wednesday, March 18 for a thorough cleaning and disinfecting. If you have an emergency, please contact Public Safety at (631) 422-7600.
- Supervisor Rich Schaffer has declared a State of Emergency in the Town of Babylon, effective Friday, March 13, 2020, to ensure that the Town is able to acquire all items deemed necessary to sanitize its facilities and do its part to prevent the spread of the virus.
- Town cleaning crews are frequently and thoroughly sanitizing town properties, including Town Hall, senior centers, youth centers and recreation facilities.
- Hand sanitizers are being placed throughout town buildings to provide easy access for both residents and employees.
- All large Town of Babylon gatherings and events scheduled for the next two weeks, with the exception of board meetings unless otherwise noted, have been postponed until further notice.
- Planning, Accessory Apartment and Zoning Board meetings scheduled for this week are canceled. Additional information will be posted when available.
HOW DO I ACCESS TOWN SERVICES?
- Applications, permits and forms are available to download here or on the department’s page.
- Questions, concerns and complaints can be submitted through Report A Concern
- Town Board meeting can be viewed here.
- Please be reminded that ALL Building and Planning Department applications can be filed by mail. An in-person visit to the Planning and Building Departments is not necessary. Town Staff will call you to confirm receipt of your application and will mail you a receipt for the filing fee. Limiting person to person contact at this time will help to promote community health and safety. We appreciate your cooperation. Thank you.
- Wash hands thoroughly and often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands, especially before eating.
- Avoid contact with sick people.
- Always cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
- Gather and update home preparedness kits, containing a thermometer, decongestants, anti-inflammatory drugs and acetaminophen.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
New York State Department of Health: www.health.ny.gov/coronavirus
U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: www.cdc.gov/COVID19
World Health Organization: www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus
Suffolk County: https://www.suffolkcountyny.gov/Departments/Health-Services/Health-Bulletins/Novel-Coronavirus
New York State Department of Health Coronavirus Hotline: