Dear Town of Babylon residents,
Please find the latest information on the recent snow storm and town services below. With dangerous conditions still prevalent in our area, please remember to use common sense and follow appropriate safety measures to keep you and your loved ones safe.
Supervisor Rich Schaffer
Deputy Supervisor Tony Martinez
Councilman Terry McSweeney
Councilman Anthony Manetta
Councilman DuWayne Gregory
Town Clerk Gerry Compitello
Receiver of Taxes Jennifer Montiglio
- Follow us on Facebook for the latest updates on cleanup efforts.
- All town services are up and running.
- Our crews continue to work around the clock to respond to last night's storm.
- Though our area experienced less snowfall than expected, the mix of snow and freezing rain turned into a sheet of thick ice after a severe temperature drop early this morning.
- This ice has caused treacherous conditions on our roadways, so please stay home if possible, and use extreme caution should you need to travel.
- While much of the snow has been cleared, the white layer of ice will remain until temperatures rise - likely through tomorrow - as road salt does not activate at these low temperatures, especially with a lack of sunlight.
- Please be aware that the ice-snow mixture, sometime referred to as "heart attack snow," is extremely heavy, so please do not exert yourself when clearing your driveway.
What You Can Do:
- Keep roadways clear by parking vehicles and placing yard waste/other curbside pickup on your property.
- Avoid unnecessary travel.
- Make sure your cell phone is fully charged in case of emergency.
- Ensure batteries in flashlights are working.
Helpful Phone Numbers/Links:
- For any snow-related, non-emergency issue, please dial 311 and leave a message. Inboxes are regularly checked throughout the day.
- Please dial 911 in the event of an emergency.
- Town of Babylon Public Safety: 631-422-7600
- To report a power outage, please contact PSEG Long Island by dialing 800-490-0075 or texting "OUT" to 773454.
- National Grid Gas Emergency Hotline: 1-800-490-0045