Wildlife - General Information

Most wildlife concerns are governed and handled by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, Division of Fish, Wildlife and Marine Resources. The animal shelter will only pick up injured wildlife for humane purposes. Residents are encouraged to call the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation at (877) 457-5680 or (631) 444-0250 in Stony Brook with any issues and concerns regarding wildlife. In most cases, a licensed wildlife handler will need to be called out to your property to remove any wildlife that are roaming, trapped, threatening or injured on or near your property. Babylon Animal Shelter will assist Town residents with injured wildlife concerns if it poses a threat or of an immediate concern.

Show All Answers

1. Wildlife - General Information
2. Who handles issues involving raccoons, opossums and squirrels?
3. Who handles issues involving birds, ducks, and geese?