How do I request a new street sign?

All sign requests should be made to the Office of Citizen Services at 631-957-7474 or 3-1-1 or by using this online form. Requests for new signs (or other traffic devices) will be submitted to the Traffic Safety Committee for review and analysis. The Committee will then, if warranted, submit the application to Traffic Engineering. Traffic Engineering will then do a site study and make a recommendation on the request. This may take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months. The Traffic Safety Committee will make a decision based on a review of the original request application and the engineering site study. The recommendation then goes to the Town Board and a hearing is scheduled. Once the hearing is held the Town will consider a resolution at the next Town Board meeting to finalize the process and effectuate the change. This entire process may take several months before a final decision is rendered.

Show All Answers

1. How do I request a new street sign?
2. What happens to a damaged street sign?
3. How do I report a damaged street sign?
4. How long does it take to replace a damaged sign?
5. Can I request to have a street renamed?