Who do I contact if a tree is damaging my sidewalk?

Contact the Office of Citizen Services at 631-957-7474 or 3-1-1. You can also fill out this online form. A service request will be sent to DPW to schedule an inspection of the tree. Inspections include gathering information on location, degree of nuisance, existing workload, health of the tree, other existing problems and if the sidewalk has been lifted by more than two inches. If warranted, repairs will be scheduled and expedited as soon as possible.

Show All Answers

1. What is a Town tree?
2. When will a Town tree be removed?
3. Are there any restrictions on tree planting?
4. Does the Town remove a fallen tree from a State or County road?
5. Who do I contact if a tree is damaging my sidewalk?
6. How long does it take to remove a tree causing damage to a sidewalk?
7. What can be done about tree roots interfering with my sewer lines?
8. What do I do if a tree is damaged by a storm or interferring with power lines?
9. Who do I contact about my insurance being cancelled as a result of tree interference with my sidewalk?
10. Who do I contact about infested trees?
11. How do I know if an Asian Long Horned Beetle is infesting and damaging my tree?
12. What should I do if my tree shows signs of infestation?