How do I request a sign?

Requests for traffic-related signs can be submitted in writing to:

Umeko Healy, Chairperson Traffic Safety Committee 200 E. Sunrise Highway Lindenhurst, NY 11757

You can also submit a request using this online form.

All requests should indicate the location of the proposed sign and a brief description explaining the reason for the sign. The Traffic Safety Committee will examine the location for the requested sign to determine if it fits with the area’s existing traffic controls and conforms with both state and federal laws (NY State Vehicle and Traffic Law; NY State Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices; Federal Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devises for Streets and Highway).

Show All Answers

1. What is the Traffic Safety Division?
2. What is the Traffic Safety Committee?
3. What type of signs can be requested through the Traffic Safety Division?
4. How do I request a sign?
5. How do I submit a complaint about areas that are susceptible to speeding?
6. How do I report a damaged or missing traffic sign?
7. How do I report a broken traffic signal?