How can I enroll my child in the counseling program?
If your child was referred to youth counseling services by you (the parent), school, church, or other organization they must first complete an intake session. The session consists of basic information gathering and a general discussion of specific problems, situation, etc. This is the first required step in enrolling for youth counseling services. The supervising counselor will then assign a counselor who would best fit with that individual.

After the intake session is completed, a counselor will be assigned to the case. Each client will be seen for approximately 45 minutes per week, at the discretion of the counselor. Sessions take place at the Town Hall Annex located at 281 Phelps Lane in North Babylon and are scheduled for afternoons (Monday through Friday) and evenings (Monday through Thursday).

Parents should be aware that there are certain rules of confidentiality which must be observed by all counselors and therefore there may be certain items that have been discussed by the counselor and child which cannot be revealed to the parent(s). Additionally, all counselors working here are Mandated Reporters, meaning that they MUST report allegations of child abuse and/or neglect to the proper authorities.

Show All Answers

1. What is the Youth Bureau?
2. The school has told me that my child needs counseling, and they have referred me to the Youth Bureau. How do I sign up?
3. Who is eligible for counseling at the Youth Bureau?
4. How do the actual counseling sessions work?
5. How can I enroll my child in the counseling program?
6. My son/daughter has runaway from home. Are there any Town services to help us with this situation?
7. What activities are available for children during the summer months?
8. Where are the local Youth Centers?
9. What are the various Youth Programs?