How can I annex a paper street to my property?
Send a written inquiry to the Town Attorney’s Office, requesting that the Town abandon the property. The request must provide all known details regarding the property, including:
  • Property location

  • Address

  • Suffolk County Tax Map Number

  • Hamlet

  • Names of side streets

  • Whether the property is vacant or occupied

  • If there is a structure upon it

The inquiry will be processed and then a determination will be sent to the requester.

Show All Answers

1. What does the Town Attorney do?
2. Does the Town Attorney provide notary public services?
3. What is the processing time for a Notice of Claim for property damage?
4. What is the process for purchasing a Town-owned property?
5. What is a FOIL request?
6. What is the process for making a FOIL request?
7. How long does it take to get a FOIL request completed?
8. Can I make a FOIL request for property information?
9. How can I annex a paper street to my property?
10. What is the process for recording Covenants and Restrictions?
11. How can I obtain an Excavation Permit/Road Opening Permit?