Who removes a dead animal from the roadway?

Dogs: You may contact the Animal Shelter at 631-643-9270 for a deceased stray dog in the roadway. The dog will be scanned for a microchip and all attempts will be made to locate the owner. 

Cats & Wildlife: 

  • Town roadways please call 3-1-1 or 631-957-7474
  • State Roadways please call 631-420-4270 (Deer Park Ave. (North of Southern State Pkwy), Conklin St., Sunrise Hwy, Montauk Hwy., Route109, Route 110.)
  • County roadways please call 631-852-4010 (Great Neck Rd., Wellwood Ave., Bay Shore Rd., Oak St., Straight path., Commack Rd., Deer Park Ave. (South of Southern State Pkwy). 
  • Amityville Village roadways 631-264-6000 
  • Babylon Village roadways 631-669-4878
  • Lindenhurst Village roadways 631-957-7500 

Show All Answers

1. Where is the Babylon Animal Shelter located?
2. What are the shelter's hours of operation?
3. How do I adopt an animal from the shelter?
4. Can I volunteer at the shelter?
5. Can I board my dog or cat at the Animal Shelter?
6. Does the Shelter have a veterinarian on staff?
7. Does the Shelter offer low cost rabies, spaying or neutering services?
8. What types of animals does the Shelter serve?
9. Where can I go locally for emergency veterinarian services?
10. How does the Town handle stray animals?
11. Who removes a dead animal from the roadway?
12. Does the Shelter euthanize animals?
13. Is the shelter a "No Kill" shelter?